The Hyack Parade is back and better than ever. The pomp and circumstance returns this Saturday, May 26th at 11 am.
The renowned Hyack International Parade is British Columbia’s largest parade with over 120 entries from throughout BC and the Pacific Northwest. It is an inclusive and diverse participatory experience with multicultural and memorable entries from all over BC and the Pacific Northwest. Join us at 11:00 am Saturday, May 26th!
Businesses, schools, municipalities, charitable organizations, arts groups and other community stakeholders participate in the parade every year with their own marching bands, performing groups, entertainers, and floats often created by their own volunteers.
Hyack Festival Week culminates with the highly recognized Hyack International Parade; a family-oriented event which brings together the City of New Westminster and beyond.
Walk, bike, transit or drive to this amazing parade that winds its way through Uptown New West. Make sure you plan in advance as there are several street closures to be aware of.
Street Closure Reminders:
Saturday May 26 from 6:00 am -2:30 pm
- Eighth Avenue between Sixth Street and 10th Street
- Eighth Street between Sixth Avenue and 10th Avenue
- Edinburg street between 10th Street and Eighth Street
- Dublin Street between 10th Street and Eighth Street
- London Street between 10th Street and Eighth Street
- Sixth Street between Eight Avenue and 10th Avenue southbound only
AND Saturday May 26
from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Uptown Street Fest!
- Belmont Street (between Sixth and Seventh Street)
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Hyack Festival head office at 604 522-6894.